5 Tips for Forklift Training
Here at C&G Services, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality forklift training courses available. We also love to give advice to our pupils and prospective pupils and that's why we have come up with 5 tips for forklift training.
1) Pay Attention - One of the first things any trainee forklift driver will be taught is to pay special attention to the type of forklift truck they are operating. All different forklift trucks carry a different maximum weight load and if this is breached then it can severely effect the tucks centre of gravity, this can then result in an accident occurring.
2) Machine Handling - Forklift trucks, by nature can be unstable machines which means you always need to remain vigilant when transporting loads. Never become complacent when dealing with this type of machinery.
3) Regulations - Forklift trucks, not in every instance, however, generally are suitable for one driver only. When you are working with one seat forklift trucks never, under any circumstances allow a second party to join you as the truck was not designed for this usage and will likely end with an injury being sustained.
4) Fluid Leakage - Be wary when working with forklift trucks as they tend to leak fluid onto the ground during use which will make the surface slippery under foot. Remain cautious when exiting and entering the machine to avoid and injury from occurring.
5) Surroundings - Finally, always be aware of your surroundings when you are using a forklift truck, if you remain cautious of objects and people within the vicinity then you will reduce the risk of any harm occurring to anyone working on the site.
We hope you have found our 5 tips for forklift training helpful and remember, if you are looking to use the experts for your course and you are local to the areas listed below then we should be your number one choice.
• Gloucester (Gloucestershire)
• South West
New training Dates!
13th July 2012 - 1 Day Refresher Course - CLICK HERE
6th to 9th July 2012 - 4 Days Novice Course - CLICK HERE
For further enquiries and bookings you can contact us on 01453 826 781.