The HSE on the 2nd November 2016 published the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain and includes the following key annual figures (2015/16):
- Work-related illness – 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness;
- Asbestos – 2,515 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2014);
- Fatal incidents – 144 workers died at work;
- RIDDOR Injuries – 72,702 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR.
- All Injuries – 621,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey.
- Working Days Lost – 30.4 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
- Cost – £14.1 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill-health from current working conditions (2014/15).
The release provides detailed commentary on these figures and is supported by: the HSE Statistics webpages, with a range of information e.g. on different types of work-related ill-health, a comprehensive set of tables redesigned to make the key data more accessible.
We at C&G Services implore our customers, old and new, not to get complacent with Health and Safety matters, as the published figures are still truly terrifying.
All of our training courses have designed into them the latest HSE guidelines, genuine best practice and the benefit of our expertise and unique industry insights. Whether a novice or a refresher you will get what you need to help keep you as safe you can be.
Call us now to discuss your concerns and requirements: 01453 826781.