Date(s) - 12/10/2020 - 16/10/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
C&G Services Head Office
This training course is designed for drivers carrying Substances requiring specialist training. The need for dangerous goods training is not restricted to drivers. The law states “Persons whose duties concern the carriage of dangerous goods by road shall have received training of the requirements governing the carriage of such goods appropriate to their responsibilities and duties.”
Aims and Objectives:
To train personnel in the fundamental information required to minimize the likelihood of an incident during carriage of dangerous goods by road. To ensure drivers are aware of the hazards arising in the carriage of dangerous goods. Enabling them to take measures which may prove necessary for their own safety and that of the public and the environment, for limiting the effects of the incident.
• Introduction, aim and objectives
• General awareness of the provisions for the carriage of dangerous goods
• Specific training around the duties and responsibilities under the regulations.
• Application of the regulations
• UN conventions and hazard classes
• Understand the risk of injury or exposure arising from an incident when transporting dangerous goods.
• Fire prevention and practical firefighting techniques
• Selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Understanding and implementing Emergency Procedures
• Core Module
• Class 2 Gases
• Class 3 Flammable Liquids
• Class 4 Flammable Solids
• Class 5 Oxidising Substances & Organic Peroxides
• Class 6 Toxic, Infectious & Harmful
• Class 8 Corrosives
• Class 9 Miscellaneous Substances and Articles