Date(s) - 22/01/2018 - 26/01/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
C & G Services
Who is this for?
Individuals whose job involves driving vehicles carrying the following dangerous substances: Classes 2, 3,4,5,6,8,& 9 Packages and Tanks
ADR Initial Course:
To provide the candidate with a knowledge of the dangers and legal requirements in the carriage of dangerous goods relevant to their job. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with the transporting of dangerous goods by road. Qualifying candidates must undertake national exams, set by the Scottish Qualifications Authority for Core Modules, Packages and Classes 2 & 8.
- Definition of dangerous goods with ADR (Accord Européen Relatif au Transport International des Marchandises Dangereuses par Route)
- The scope of regulations, agreements and European Directives
- Duties and responsibilities of stakeholders
- Classifications of dangerous goods
- UN Conventions (Hazard Classes)
- Security requirements for carriage by road
- Understanding load thresholds
- Packaging requirements
- Sources of information, including written instructions
- Placards, markings and plate markings for national carriage
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Fire prevention and fire extinguishers
- Action in the event of an emergency
- Specific First Aid requirements within ADR
- Exam preparation and revision
- SQA Exam
Some important information:
If you are a Driver, owner driver, and in some instances, an operator to whom the above regulations apply, you are, since December 1994 required by law to hold a current ADR Certificate.
Bookings are closed for this course.