Date(s) - 30/03/2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
C&G Services Head Office
This course has been designed for Managers, Supervisors / Operatives who work in areas which may contain asbestos.
Aims & Objectives:
To provide candidates with the required skills & knowledge to identify and work with asbestos.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the properties, risks and effects, related illnesses and types.
- Understand where and why asbestos was used and be able to avoid the risks posed by asbestos. And have an understanding of the law relating to asbestos and its disposal.
• Understanding the properties of asbestos
• The risks & effects to health caused by exposure to asbestos
• Epidemiology and statistics – asbestos related illness
• Outline the types of asbestos
• Explain where asbestos and ACMs are typically found in buildings
• Describe the reasons for using asbestos
• Avoiding the risks from asbestos
• Understanding the law:
• Regulations 5 & 6 overview
• Regulation 4 overview
• Summary discussion, assessment and closure
Duration: 0.5 days