Date(s) - 16/10/2017 - 17/10/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
C&G Services passport training scheme is for contractor personnel, designed to ensure operatives meet, or exceed, the minimum safety standard to receive the Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) Passport Card.
The CCNSG Operative Training Course:
The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and safety for all site personnel to enable them, after appropriate site induction, to work on site more safely with lower risk to themselves and others.
Introduction, aims and objectives
The CCNSG National Course covers the following objectives:
- Understanding personal site safety responsibilities
- H & S legislation, regulations and safe working practices
- Common hazards at work
- Other hazards, safety signs and the provision of PPE. Best practice in care of the environment.
1. What is the difference between a CSCS Card and the Safety Passport?
Answer: The Safety Passport is a two day training course with a test at the end. The CSCS H&S test is a touch screen test based on prior knowledge.
2. I have a CSCS card, why do I need a Safety Passport?
Answer: The CSCS Card is for the Construction Industry and the CCNSG Safety Passport is for the Engineering Construction Industry. The Clients on each site specify what the requirements are to work on their sites.
3. What must I do if I haven’t renewed my card within the 3 months grace period?
Answer: The CCNSG Safety Passport expires after three years from the date of the National or Renewal course. You may come back for a one day Renewal course up to three months after the Safety Passport card has expired. Once the three months have lapsed, you will be required to sit the two day National course again.
Bookings are closed for this course.