Date(s) - 30/03/2020 - 31/03/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
C&G Services (Gloucester)
This training course is designed for any person whose job involves work and entry into confined spaces. Candidates should have a current Medical Certificate
The Level 2 Confined Space Entry – Medium Risk course:
The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard in a realistic medium risk environment preparing to work safely; entering and exiting confined spaces safely; preparing and using escape breathing apparatus; using equipment and tools safely; following procedures and dealing with emergencies. There is also a behavioural emphasis on the candidate undertaking the assessment in an efficient and safe manner. The unit also requires the learner to demonstrate sufficient general and water-specific knowledge through a mix of practical observation and written assessment. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with work in confined spaces and the practices needed to ensure safe operation whilst this work takes place.
- Understanding confined spaces criteria
- Legal requirements and responsibilities relating to confined space entry
- Suitability and selection of confined space personnel
- Supervision of confined space operations
- Request for work to be done in a Confined Space
- Identify and evaluate hazards and risks associated to confined space operations
- Removing the need to enter confined spaces
- Methods of isolation (process equipment)
- Develop and Implement Pre-entry procedures (Gas Detectors).
- Evaluate, permit, space atmospheric conditions.
- Preparation of emergency arrangements
- Provide, use and maintain necessary equipment (hoists, harnesses, Tripods, emergency escape equipment and communication systems.)
- Provision of special tools and lighting equipment
- Working in a confined space
- Course Review and Closure
The course comprises of two days learning and one day of assessment. (Experienced learners will be able to cover the course and assessment in two days). Learners should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
This course makes use of an extensive range of equipment and includes practical exercises in confined space simulations. This is a physically demanding course and delegates must be deemed medically suited by a medical practitioner or occupational nurse.