Date(s) - 26/05/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
Drivers required to maintain the safety and effective operation of their vehicle during the working day.
Daily Vehicle Checks & Basic Load Security Course:
- Introduction to Driver CPC Periodic training scheme
- Duties and responsibilities of drivers
- Recording daily vehicle checks and defect reporting procedures
- Hazards associated to vehicle oils, fuels and coolants
- Personal protective equipment requirements and personal hygiene
- Checking vehicle lubrication & fluid levels in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Procedures for fluid replenishment in line with manufactures recommendations
- Walk round inspection and component part identification and legal requirements
- Common fault identification and remedial action
- Regulations and accepted codes of practice concerning the safety of loads on vehicles.
- Principals of load safety
- General requirements for securing loads
- Suitability and selection of anchorage points
- Securing straps and ropes – Inspection and use
- Packing and protection of securing equipment
- Storage of load securing equipment
Duration: 1 Day (counts towards 7 hours DCPC)
Some useful information:
Driving a heavy goods vehicle is one of the most dangerous occupations in Britain, and transportation and warehousing is one of the most dangerous industry sectors. For many otherwise low-risk companies, loading and unloading goods is their most dangerous work activity. Every year around ten people are killed and thousands injured as a result of poor loading, both in the workplace and on the road. The disruption and congestion caused by load spills and vehicle rollover is a significant cost to the national economy.
This is a very useful link to the HSE dedicated page on Workplace Transport where you can read and interact with examples of Basic Load Security – Click Here
An additional helpful guide from the HSE gives guidance on the maintenance through Daily Vehicle Checks – Click Here to download the booklet
Bookings are closed for this course.