Date(s) - 23/10/2019
Station House Training Centre
Who is it for?
The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification for professional bus, coach and lorry drivers. It has been introduced across Europe with the pro-fessed aim of improving road safety and helping to maintain high standards of driving. Professional drivers must do 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence ( CPC ) to drive a lorry, bus or coach.
Aims and Objectives:
To ensure that candidates are provided with the knowledge needed as professional drivers to continue to perform their duties safely. Candidates will take part in theoretical training and discussions relating to road traffic accidents and fire awareness, gaining a greater understanding of causation, prevention and where necessary, treatment.
Road Traffic Accidents – First at the Scene
Arrive on Scene
- Stopping safely, safety priorities, hazards at the scene, calling the emergency services, dangerous goods
- Dealing with vehicle fires, dealing with vehicles in water, ensuring the safety of others
Casualty Care and Dangers
- Safety considerations, DRABC, CPR, recovery position, bleeding & shock, dealing with the emergency services
Causes of Fire and the Dangers
- How do fires start, the fire triangle, sources of fuel, oxygen and ignition on vehicles, fire spread
- Dangers of fires, smoke inhalation
Actions in the Event of a Fire
- Employers responsibilities, fire risk assessments, the 5 steps to risk assessment, fires on site, site rules, signage, raising the alarm, evacuation procedures
- Fires on the road, signs of a fire, actions to take
- Fires during an accident, actions to take
Fire Extinguishers and Use
- Breakout session
- Requirements for extinguishers in vehicles
- Classes of fire and types of fire extinguisher
- Using fire extinguishers safely
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.