Date(s) - 06/12/2018
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
From the 10th September 2009 a legislative directive came into force with the aim to improve the skills and knowledge of LGV & PCV drivers. All Professional LGV & PCV drivers must complete 35 hours of training before Sept 2013 (PCV) and Sept 2014 (LGV) respectively.
Applicable to licence categories: C1, C1+E, C, C+E, D1, D1+E, D, D+E
Aims and Objectives:
To inform professional drivers of the im-portance of company image and customer expectations. Candidates will learn how to conduct themselves when faced with a difficult customers and sensitive situations, viewing the problem objectively, and not taking the customer’s grievances personally. Building strength into the company brand through positive customer interaction.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Introduction to Driver CPC Periodic training scheme
- Duties and responsibilities of driver
- A personal action plan
- Road users– Facts and figures
- Assessing high risk areas
- Hazard perception and driver awareness
- Consequences and effects of an incident
- Driver heath and wellbeing
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Vehicle equipment and checks
- Technology and over reliance
- Course evaluation and quiz
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.