Date(s) - 15/11/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
This training course has been designed for candidates who have been nominated by their employer to carry out emergency First Aid in the event of accident or injury at work
Emergency First Aid For Adults At Work course:
The course is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge to administer emergency First Aid Procedures. On completion of this course candidates should have the required knowledge and to understand and administer the duties required to carry out First Aid action.
- Health & safety requirement including duties and responsibilities
- Understanding the role of an Emergency First Aider
- The First Aid box, location, contents and checks
- Priorities of treatment
- Emergency action plan and communication
- Resuscitation (Artificial ventilation/external chest compressions)
- Unconscious patient
- Dealing with a chocking patient
- Treatment and risks from shock
- Recovery position, principles and techniques
- Control of bleeding
- Dealing with eye injuries
- Dealing with embedded objects
- Burn types and treatment requirements
- Dealing with broken bones
- Action in the event of a suspected spinal injury
- Action in the event of heart attack, stroke or diabetes
- Dealing with fitting and epilepsy
Duration: 1 day (Can also count towards 7 hours DCPC)
Some useful information:
From 1 October 2013 HSE no longer approves training and qualifications for the purposes of first aid at work.
Training organisations who were formerly ‘Approved’ by HSE to deliver First Aid at Work Training can no longer claim to be HSE Approved or use their HSE Approval number.
The flexibility arising from the changes in the Regulations gives employers more choice in the first aid training they provide for their employees and who they choose to provide it.
An employer will need to undertake varying levels of due diligence (reasonable enquiry or investigation) into how they select a first aid training provider.
All our Instructors hold St John’s Ambulance Instructor Certification,
Emergency Fist Aid for Adults at Work courses are certificated by C&G Services ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standards, other accreditations are available, please call 01453 826781 to enquire
Bookings are closed for this course.