Date(s) - 16/01/2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
This training course has been designed for candidates who have been nominated by their employer to carry out emergency First Aid in the event of accident or injury at work.
Aims and Objectives:
The course is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge to administer emergency First Aid procedures. On completion of this training course candidates should have the required knowledge and to understand and administer the duties required to carry out First Aid in the work place.
understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Action in an emergency
- Primary survey
- Secondary assessment
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation; to include AED
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries:
- small cuts,
- grazes and bruises,
- minor burns and scalds,
- small splinters.
- Summary assessments
- Course documentation and closure
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.