Date(s) - 03/03/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Any selected persons whose job involves work and entry into confined spaces and can form part of a team of rescue workers Candidates should have a current Medical & First Aid Certificate.
Aims and Objectives:
To provide the candidate with knowledge of the dangers and legal requirements pertinent to work taking place in confined spaces. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with work in confined spaces and the practices needed to ensure safe operation whilst this work takes place.
• Course introduction, aim and objectives
• Definition of “Confined Spaces”
• The role of the Selected person
• Request for work to be done in a Confined Space
• Identify and Evaluate Hazards
• Minimising risk and the Point of work risk assessments
• Develop and Implement Pre-entry procedures (Gas Detec-tors).
• Evaluate, permit, space atmospheric conditions.
• Provide, use and maintain necessary equipment (hoists, harnesses, tripods, specific emergency escape equipment.)
• Working safely in a Confined Space
• Confined space rescue.
• Rescue equipment (Gotcha) & escape sets (Dash) or equiv-alent
• Summary assessment
• Course Review and Closure
Duration: 1- 2 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.