Date(s) - 05/04/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
This training course is designed for any person whose job involves work and entry into confined spaces. Candidates should be physically able to carry out arduous activities.
Aim and Objectives:
To provide the candidate with knowledge of the dangers and legal requirements pertinent to work taking place in confined spaces. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with work in confined spaces and the practices needed to ensure safe operation whilst this work takes place.
- Understanding confined spaces criteria
- Legal requirements and responsibilities relating to confined space entry
- Suitability and selection of confined space personnel
- Supervision of confined space operations
- Request for work to be done in a Confined Space
- Identify and evaluate hazards and risks associated to confined space operations
- Removing the need to enter confined spaces
- Methods of isolation (process equipment)
- Develop and Implement Pre-entry procedures (Gas Detectors).
- Evaluate, permit, space atmospheric conditions.
- Preparation of emergency arrangements
- Provide, use and maintain necessary equipment (hoists, harnesses, Tripods, emergency escape equipment and communication systems.)
- Provision of special tools and lighting equipment
- Working in a confined space
- Course Review and Closure