Date(s) - 21/10/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Any selected persons whose job involves work and entry into confined spaces and can form part of a team of rescue workers Candidates should have a current Medical & First Aid Certificate.
Aims and Objectives
To provide the candidate with knowledge of the dangers and legal requirements pertinent to work taking place in confined spaces. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with work in confined spaces and the practices needed to ensure safe operation whilst this work takes place.
- Course introduction, aim and objectives
- Definition of “Confined Spaces”
- The role of the Selected person
- Request for work to be done in a Confined Space
- Identify and Evaluate Hazards
- Minimising risk and the Point of work risk assessments
- Develop and Implement Pre-entry procedures (Gas Detectors).
- Evaluate, permit, space atmospheric conditions.
- Provide, use and maintain necessary equipment (hoists, harnesses, tripods, specific emergency escape equipment.)
- Working safely in a Confined Space
- Confined space rescue.
- Rescue equipment (Gotcha) & escape sets (Dash) or equiv-alent
- Summary assessment
- Course Review and Closure
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.