Date(s) - 09/10/2019 - 11/10/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
This course has been designed for candidates who have been nominated by their employer to carry out first aid action.
Aim and Objectives:
The course is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge to carry out first aid duties and procedures. On completion of this course candidates should have the required knowledge and skills to understand and carry out appropriate first aid action.
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an auto-mated external defibrillator;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including sus-pected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropri-ate first aid.
Duration: 3 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.