Date(s) - 13/10/2020 - 14/10/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
The two day first aid at work requalification course allows first aid at work qualified staff to re–validate their certificate for a further 3 years. Attendees must have a valid (not out of date by more than 28 days–recommended) first aid at work certificate.
Aims and Objectives:
To provide candidates with the necessary updates and refresher training, through theoretical and practical training sessions. On successful completion of this refresher training course, candidates should have the required knowledge and techniques to continue to administer First Aid effectively and confidently.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- understand the role of the first–aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an auto-mated external defibrillator;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including sus-pected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide ap-propriate first aid.
Duration: 2 Days