Date(s) - 14/06/2018 - 15/06/2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
The two day first aid at work requalification course allows first aid at work qualified staff to re-validate their certificate for a further 3 years. Attendees must have a valid (not out of date by more than 28 days-recommended) first aid at work certificate.
Aims And Objectives
To provide candidates with the necessary updates and refresher training, through theoretical and practical training sessions.
On successful completion of this refresher training course, candidates should have the required knowledge and techniques to continue to administer First Aid effectively and confidently
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Priorities of first aid
- Assessing and managing an incident
- Roles/ responsibilities of employers & employees for first aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, muscles & joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Infection control
- Anaphylactic shock
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of a casualty
This course can be physically demanding. It is therefore important that participants are physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the syllabus.
Duration: 2 days
Bookings are closed for this course.