Date(s) - 14/09/2020 - 17/09/2020
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is it for?
This practical training course is designed for prospective lift truck operators who are required to operate counterbalance lift trucks in their workplace. This training course & achievement test fully complies with the approved code of practice for the training of lift truck operators
Aims and Objectives:
To train participants in the skills & knowledge needed to safely operate industrial counter-balance lift trucks in the workplace. On completion of this training course, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lift truck. Use Industrial lift trucks safely and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and accepted good practice.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Understand the need for operator training
- The application of Mind Safety
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of operators & supervisors
- Identify the basic construction and main components of the lift truck
- Identify handling attachments which may be used in conjunction with lift trucks
- Locate and state the purpose and method of all controls
- Perform preuse inspection of the lift truck
- Place the forks in a pre-determined position using the appropriate controls
- Identify various forms of load, and state the procedures for stacking and destacking.
- Assess the weight and centre of gravity of loads
- Understand factors affecting lift truck stability
- Correctly load and unload vehicles
- Make visual checks to structures to ascertain their suitability for loading and unloading
- Pick up and place loads at various heights
- Manoeuvre the lift truck in loaded and unloaded conditions
- Negotiating slopes in loaded and unloaded conditions
- Understand the action in the event of an emergency whist operating
- Safe parking and isolation procedures
Duration: 4 days
Bookings are closed for this course.