Date(s) - 29/08/2017 - 01/09/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
This practical training course The course fully complies with the approved code of practice HSE L-117 for the training of Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck Training – Novice.
Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck Training Novice Course:
To train participants in the skills & knowledge needed to safely operate industrial counterbalance lift trucks in the workplace
On completion of this training course, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lift truck. Use Industrial lift trucks safely and in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines and accepted good practice.
- Understand the need for operator training
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck operators
- Identify the basic construction and main components of the lift truck
- Identify handling attachments which may be used in conjunction with lift trucks
- Locate and state the purpose and method of all controls
- Perform pre-use inspection of the lift truck
- Place the forks in a pre-determined position using the appropriate controls
- Identify various forms of load, and state the procedures for stacking and de-stacking.
- Assess the weight and centre of gravity of loads
- Understand factors affecting lift truck stability
- Correctly load and unload vehicles
- Make visual checks to structures to ascertain their suitability for loading and unloading
- Pick up and place loads at various heights
- Manoeuvre the lift truck in loaded and unloaded conditions
- Drive on slopes in loaded and unloaded conditions
- Understand the action in the event of an emergency whist operating
- Understand safe parking and isolation procedures
1 Day Experienced Candidates
3 – 5 Days Novice Candidates
Some recent feedback for Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck Training Novice course:
- Great course, learnt lots, instructor was very knowledgeable and a great teacher! 10/10 SB – TJW Precision Engineering Ltd
- Darren is a great instructor, very easy going and informal making it easy to learn with no stress. Enjoyed it and a great outcome, thank you. 10/10 DM – Poeton Gloucester Ltd
Bookings are closed for this course.