Date(s) - 29/04/2019 - 02/05/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Managers and supervisors from all industry sectors who require a broad based knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of work.
Aims and Objectives:
The course is designed to give Managers and Supervisors all the information they require to handle Health & safety in their teams. This course will give staff at management and supervisor level the knowledge to fulfil their responsibilities in handling resources and risk.
Introducing Health and Safety:
- Making it clear that managers are accountable for their teams.
- Demystifies risk and risk assessments. Introduces a simple risk scoring system for managers to carry out a series of risk assessments.
- Choosing the best methods and techniques for controlling key risks.
- Examining how the legal system works and introducing Safety Management Systems.
- Covers the main types of hazards typically encountered in the workplace.
Investigating accidents and incidents:
- Why things go wrong, why investigate accidents and how to carry out an investigation.
- How checks can improve health and safety. Using basic performance indicators with proactive and reactive monitoring and audits.
Protecting our environment:
- Introduction to waste and pollution control with a look at how organisations and managers can help reduce environmental impact.
Duration: 4 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.