Date(s) - 24/04/2018 - 27/04/2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
Managers and supervisors from all industry sectors who require a broad based knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of work.
Aims and Objectives:
The course is designed to give Managers and Supervisors all the information they require to handle Health & safety in their teams. This course will give staff at management and supervisor level the knowledge to fulfil their responsibilities in handling resources and risk.
- Introducing Health and Safety – Making it clear that managers are accountable for their teams.
- Assessing Risk – Demystifies risk and risk assessments. Introduces a simple risk scoring system for managers to carry out a series of risk assessments.
- Controlling Risk – Choosing the best methods and techniques for controlling key risks.
- Your Responsibilities – Examining how the legal system works and introducing safety management systems.
- Identifying Hazards – Covers the main types of hazards typically encountered in the workplace.
- Investigating accidents and incidents – Why things go wrong, why investigate accidents and how to carry out an investigation.
- Measuring performance – How checks can improve health and safety. Using basic performance indicators with proactive and reactive monitoring and audits.
- Protecting out environment – Introduction to waste and pollution control with a look at how organisations and managers can help reduce environmental impact.
Please notes that the practical assessment must be completed in the workplace and submitted within two weeks of completing the course.