Date(s) - 09/12/2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This practical training course is designed for experienced MEWP operators who in the course of their work are required to operate boom and scissor type Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
Aims and Objectives:
To refresh and test candidates in the setup, operation and safe use of boom & scissor type mobile elevating work platforms. On completion of this training course the candidate should be able to conduct pre use inspection and the safe operation of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms, in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook approved training specifications and accepted good practice.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Understand operator safety code
- Environmental considerations
- Emergency Lowering of platform
- Identify, describe, and explain the principle components of Boom & Scissor type MEWPS.
- Understand the terminology used and the features affecting the stability and capacity of MEWP’s.
- Safely locate and operate all the controls of Boom & Scissor type MEWPS.
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to boom & scissor type MEWPS.
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Carry out pre use safety inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the MEWP manufacturers.
- Identify safe terrain conditions and operate within the design limits of the MEWP.
- Understand the safe loading of access platform and assess the weight of loads handled.
- Parking and isolation of MEWP’s.