Date(s) - 28/06/2018
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Station House Training Centre
This training course is designed for any person who in the normal course of their work is required to carry out Manual Handling tasks.
Aims and Objectives:
This training course will enable delegates to have an overview of how to carry out Manual Handling operations safely and efficiently with in their areas of responsibilities. On successful completion of this training course delegates should have sufficient information as is necessary to carry out Manual Handling tasks safely and efficiently.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the need for correct manual handling techniques
- Personal factors influencing manual handling operations
- Recognise the types of injury resulting from incorrect manual handling
- Reducing risks during manual handling operations
- Demonstrate knowledge and correct lifting techniques relating to various kinds of load
- Demonstrate knowledge and correct technique for pushing and pulling of various kinds of load
- Understand and practice good team lifting techniques
- Evaluate the task, load, environment and their individual capability
- Recognise various types of lifting aids available
Duration: 0.5 day
Bookings are closed for this course.