Date(s) - 27/07/2018
8:30 am - 11:30 am
C&G Services Head Office
This course is designed any person working on a restricted operations sites such as service reservoirs, pumping stations, treatment works, wells, spring and boreholes and working on the network of water mains and service pipes.
Aims and Objectives:
To enable candidates to protect the safety of water through good hygiene practices while working on restricted operations. On successful completion of this course candidates will have gained the prerequisite knowledge required to work safely with water, limiting the risk of contamination.
- Course introduction, aims and objectives
- Legislation relating to water hygiene
- The importance of clean water and its treatment
- Understanding and limiting waterborne diseases and their spread.
- Restricted operations
- Maintaining equipment to minimise contamination
- Personal responsibility, personal hygiene and the need for PPE
- Working environment, control and safety measures
- Multifunctional working
- Chlorination, disinfection and water sampling procedures
- Audit Trails and monitoring procedures
- Awareness and usage surrounding approved products. The right substance for the job