Date(s) - 16/10/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Lodgemore Training Centre
Who is this for?
Experienced Telescopic Material Handler operatives who are medically fit, and need to operate a Telescopic Material Handler during the normal course of their work.
NPORS Telescopic Handler Refresher
To update candidates with the skills and knowledge needed to operate a Telescopic Material Handler safely and efficiently in the normal course of their work.
On completion of training candidates should be able to operate machinery and attachments safely and correctly and in accordance with the manufacturers hand books and accepted good practice. I.e. HSE, Guidelines and Codes of Practice/Systems of Work.
Introduction, aims and objectives
General Telescopic Material Handlers (TMH) safety & the application of MIndSafety
Rated capacity charts, safe working loads and supporting conditions
Understand the features effecting the stability and capacity of the TMH
Company specific safety standards
Carry out pre-use inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the TMH manufacturer
Safely locate and operate all the controls of the TMH
Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to the TMH
Identify safe terrain conditions & operate within the design limits of the TMH
Understand the safe loading of the TMH and assess the weight of loads
Operate and manoeuvre TMH safely within its working envi-ronment
Stack and de-stack at varying heights
Fitting and securing attachments
Methods of fork adjust and security
Parking and isolation
NPORS practical test
Course Code PLT JP 0316
Equipment Specification and Training Requirements
For further information on the course or course availability, please call
- 01453 826781 e. firstname.lastname@example.org w. www.gettrained.co.uk
- A serviceable telescopic handler that meets current legislation, having at least a 1 tonne lift capacity or above, fitted with:-
- i) standard forks
- ii) R.O.P.S, F.O.P.S and a seatbelt
iii)An operating height of at least 5 metres
- IV) The operators manual
- Loads of known weights to consist of:-
- i) 1 x load not less than 50% of forklifts maximum rate capacity
- ii) 3 x similar size palletized loads suitable for stacking (pipe pack)
iii) 1 x load of a weight less than the tel-escopic handlers lift capacity at full horizontal reach.
- If possible flat bed vehicle equipped with a headboard (this may be simulated but must have the same dimensions including the ground / bed height).
- Re-handling shovel in good condition, with correct retaining pins and clips
- An area which must have:
- i) Level ground
- ii) A straight run of at least 20 metres
- ii) Stock pile of material to load into shovel
- Cones / materials etc. to create restrictions for travelling and manoeuvring.
- Suitable Classroom