Date(s) - 22/10/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
The course is designed for electrically qualified persons or persons responsible for implementing the safe working practices relating to the use and testing of Portable Appliances.
Aims and Objectives:
To enable participants to draw up procedures for portable appliance testing. To use a portable appliance tester on equipment and visually determine its safe and continued use. n completion of training the participants should be able to draw up and implement procedures for the use a portable appliance tester.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- State their responsibility relating to Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Identify the risks associated with the use of electricity.
- Select appropriate tests for a range of portable appliances.
- Visually inspect equipment to identify faults.
- Determine fuse size from equipment information.
- Carry out tests on equipment as appropriate.
- Record test results and frequency
- Produce action plan.
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- Risks due to electricity.
- Classification of equipment.
- Visual inspection.
- Use of power equation.
- Continuity, Insulation, Earth bond, Function and Flash testing.
- Protective action during all tests.
- Recording procedures
- Frequency of tests.
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.