Date(s) - 17/01/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
This training course is designed for people who are required to check, wear and adjust safety harness during the normal course of their work.
Aims and Objectives:
To provide candidates with a good basic knowledge of the fitment, inspection, storage and correct use of the safety harness including the legal duties placed upon them during work activities.
This training course is loaded with solid, factual and usable information that will enable candidates and the employer, to comply with HSE Standards, help to prevent accidents and provide maximum job site safety. Upon completion of the training, candidates should understand their legal duties and safe work-ing practice, relating to the use of safety harnesses
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Duties and responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Legislation, regulations and standards applied to safety harnesses
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Certificates of conformability and traceability, in-spection ad record keeping procedures
- Safety Harness design and designation (Work restraint, Work position and Fall arrest)
- Limitation of use and service life
- Hazards and risks associated to working at height and harness use
- Care and inspection of the safety harness
- The need for rescue planning when working at height
- Fitment and use of a safety harness
- Overview of the requirements for correct anchorage points
- Practical Instruction—fitment and use of Safety Harness
- Storage of the safety harness
- Evaluation exercise
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.