Date(s) - 22/07/2019 - 29/07/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
This refresher course is designed for site managers who have previously completed their SMSTS course and need to renew their certificate. You can undertake the refresher course within 6 months either side of your SMSTS pass date.
Aims and Objectives
At the end of this refresher course candidates will have an updated knowledge of current regulations, legislation and safety related topics. This course will require candidates to demonstrate their current health and safety knowledge resulting in the award of the Site Safety Plus certificate for Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
Day 1 :
• Introduction and Registration
• Accident facts, figures and trends
• Recent HSE Prosecutions and case studies
• The Work at Height Regulations
• Construction Design & Management Regulations
• Work related stress
• Consultation with employees
• Working Time Directive
• Employing Foreign labour
Day 2 :
• Fire prevention on sites. Review of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order.
• Traffic Management on sites – overview
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (as amended)
• The Noise at Work Regulations
• Motivational Techniques
• Personal Training
• GE700 Quiz
Duration: 2 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.