Date(s) - 18/05/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
C&G Services Head Office
This course has been designed for personel who have previously completed Street works training and hold current SWQR cards.
Aims and Objectives:
To provide refresher training through scenarios and exercises for experienced operatives in the required street works unit and assess competence in line with SQA requirements, culminating in the reissue of an SWQR card and continued compliance with the New Roads and Street works Act 1991 and associated codes of practice.
- Introduction, aims and objectives.
- Confirmation of card categories and expiration.
- Identification of assessment supporting documentation in accordance with SQA centre guidance.
Unit 102 Theory and practical session, including:
- Classroom – Updates and theoretical training, introduction to Safety at street and road works (ACoP) and portable traffic signals
- Practical – Application of Safety at street and road works (ACoP), portable traffic signals, traffic control, signage requirements and placing, PPE and interpretation of SSOW
- Using interactive model boards and working in syndicates, candidates will assess, design and place equipment correctly, in line with current guidance
- Unit 102 – SQA assessment preparation and multiple choice assessment
Duration: 1 Day
Bookings are closed for this course.