Date(s) - 20/04/2020 - 23/04/2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
Candidates who are 18 years of age or over, who are medically fit, with little or no experience, and need to operate a telescopic handler during the normal course of their work.
Aims and Objectives:
To enable participants to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to operate telescopic material handlers safely and efficiently. On completion of training candidates should be able to operate machinery and attachments safely and correctly and in accordance with the manufacturers hand books and accepted good practice. I.e. HSE, Guidelines and Codes of Practice/Systems of Work.
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- General Telescopic Material Handlers (TMG) safety & the application of MindSafety
- Rated capacity charts, safe working loads and supporting conditions
- Understand the features effecting the stability and capacity of the TMH
- Company specific safety standards
- Carry out pre-use inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the TMH manufacturer
- Safely locate and operate all the controls of the TMH
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to the TMH
- Identify safe terrain conditions & operate within the design limits of the TMH
- Understand the safe loading of the TMH and assess the weight loads
- Operate and manoeuvre TMH safely within its working environment
- Stack and de-stack at varying heights
- Fitting and securing attachments
- Methods of fork adjust and security
- Parking and isolation
Duration: 4 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.