Date(s) - 18/03/2019 - 21/03/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
This practical training course is designed for novice operators who are 18 years of age or over, who are medically fit, and need to operate a telescopic handler and attachments during the normal course of their work.
Telescopic Materials Handler Novice Course:
To enable participants to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to operate telescopic material handlers safely and efficiently. On completion of training, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties, and be able to operate telescopic material handlers in accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice.
- General Telescopic Material Handlers (TMH) safety and the application of MindSafety
- Understanding changing site hazards and conditions
- Ensuring all round visibility
- Safety standards for lifting operations
- Understand the features affecting the stability and capacity of the TMH
- Carry out the pre-use inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the TMH manufacturer
- Safety locate and operate all the controls of the TMH
- Understanding and applying safety locking devices
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to the TMH
- Identify safe terrain conditions & operate within the design limits of the TMH
- Understand the safe loading of the TMH and assess the weight of loads
- Operate and manoeuvre TMH safely within its working environment
- Stack and de-stack at varying heights
- Parking and isolation
This course can be CPCS certificated if required, candidates would need to attend on the 13th April for the CPCS test at an additional cost, please call 01453 826781 for more information.
Duration: 4 Days
Bookings are closed for this course.