Date(s) - 13/04/2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Station House Training Centre
Who is this for?
This course has been designed for those who need a general understanding of asbestos and asbestos containing materials.
Aims and objectives
Asbestos awareness training should be given to employees whose work could foreseeably disturb the fabric of a building and expose them to asbestos or who supervise or influence the work. In particular, it should be given to those workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades where it is foreseeable that ACMs may become exposed during their work.
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- Understanding the properties of asbestos
- The risks & effects to health caused by exposure to asbestos
- Epidemiology and statistics – asbestos related illness
- Outline the types of asbestos
- Explain where asbestos and ACMs are typically found in buildings
- Describe the reasons for using asbestos
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos
Understanding the law:
- Regulations 5 & 6 overview
- Regulation 4 overview
- Summary discussions and review
- Course documentation and closure
Bookings are closed for this course.