Who is this for?
Our course is for anyone who uses or will be using a 180° excavator in either land-based industries or the construction industry and requires a recognised qualification in any of the 4 awarding bodies we work with
The 180º excavator course:
This can be delivered as an assessment, refresher or novice course level and in machines above or below 5 tonnes.
180° Excavator Training
The course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the machine in a safe and confident manner.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER. LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials (excavators over 5 tonnes – using a multi-purpose front bucket).Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Working in the construction industry.
- Components of 180° excavators.
- Models of operation.
- Stability of the machine.
- Accident prevention.
- Pre-shift checks.
- Familiarisation with instruments and controls.
- Starting and stopping the machine.
- Operating factors.
- Driving on the highway and transportation.
- Operating to produce trench 2m deep by 5m long with battered sides.
- Operating to form a simply ditch.
- Operating to produce a straight trench 1m deep by 10m long using sand, lime or marker spray line.
- Site safety.
- Possible problems.
- Operating to produce trench 1m deep by 10m long by one bucket width.
- Operating the machine: driving; use of front shovel; use of multi-purpose bucket (if applicable); use of the backactor; changing attachments/buckets.
- Operating to produce trench 1m deep by 10m long with restrictions.
- Operating to fill a vehicle using the backactor to produce a square hole and fill vehicle.
- Operating to produce a trench with a square manhole.
- Advanced operation to form a ditch.
- Advanced operation to clean a ditch.
Duration: 1 – 7 days dependant on experience
C&G Services (Europe) Ltd – BS EN ISO 9001
Training can also be delivered under the following accreditations: