Who is this for?
C&G Services CCNSG Leading a Team Safely passport scheme is for contractor personnel who will be managing small teams, within the context of Health and Safety in the Engineering Construction Industry. To meet the standard to receive the CCNSG Passport Card, operatives complete the sessions below:-
CCNSG Leading a Team Safely Course:
The aim of the ECITB/CCNSG National Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and safety for all site personnel to enable them, after appropriate site induction, to work on site more safely with lower risk to themselves and others.
The workshop covers a number of key topics including:
- How to communicate successfully
- How to lead a team successfully
- How to achieve safe outcomes
- How to work safely with others
- It explores these topics in an interactive way and delegates’ participation throughout the day is a key factor.
The course is based around the concept of ‘The Good Job’ and structured into four elements:
- The Team
- The Plan
- The Job
- Good Job
Frequently asked questions:
1. What is the difference between a CSCS Card and the Safety Passport?
Answer: The Safety Passport is a two day training course with a test at the end. The CSCS H&S test is a touch screen test based on prior knowledge.
2. I have a CSCS card, why do I need a Safety Passport?
Answer: The CSCS Card is for the Construction Industry and the CCNSG Safety Passport is for the Engineering Construction Industry. The Clients on each site specify what the requirements are to work on their sites.
3. What must I do if I haven’t renewed my card within the 3 months grace period?
Answer: The CCNSG Safety Passport expires after three years from the date of the National or Renewal course. You may come back for a one day Renewal course up to three months after the Safety Passport card has expired. Once the three months have lapsed, you will be required to sit the two day National course again.