Who is this for?
Candidates must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works and a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CSkills – Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) Course:
This course is designed to assist those on site who have responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works. On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be able to: Understand the need for and duties of a TWC, Understand the role of others and have a detailed knowledge and understanding of BS 5975 in respect of this role.
- Course introduction, aim and objective
- Overview of temporary works and their function
- Background—BS5975:2008 +A1:2011
- Statutory aspects to temporary works
- Avoiding failure
- People—Individual and corporate competence
- Processes— Importance of good practice: adequate time, good documentation, competent organisations
- Product— Examples of standard solutions; gaps in in-formation provided; provenance.
- Roles of the TWC
- Key aspects of different temporary works types
- Working platforms and haul roads
- Cranes (Tower, crawler and mobile)
- Pressure testing
- Site establishment
- CSkills examination
- Course review and closure