Who is this for?
This training course is for any person whose work requires them to spend a large proportion of their time using display screens.
The Display Screen Equipment Regulations Training Course
To train delegates in the methods of checking and improving their workplace Display Screen Equipment (DSE). On completion of this awareness course, delegates should be able to understand the fundamental factors affecting safe use of Display Screen Equipment in the workplace.
- Benefits gained from applying DSE in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities for users and managers
- Synopsis of the DSE assessment procedures
- Company eye sight policy/regulations
- Understand the importance of posture and ergonomic habits
- Environment; Lighting, Ventilation, Cabling, Glare and clear access to workstation
- Ensuring correct chair adjustment for best posturing
- Display Screen: desk top setting, visual settings and environmental influences
- Consideration of ergonomics for keyboard and mouse
- Understanding factors such as Desk height space and desk management
Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1997
½ day session
Measurement of Achievement
Theoretical & Practical Exercises – C&G Services (Europe) Ltd (BS EN ISO9001) for the design & provision of training & consultancy services to national and international standards. In compliance with HSE.