Who is this for?
This training course is designed for any person whose job involves work and entry into confined spaces.
Entry & Working in Confined Spaces Course:
This course will provide the candidate with the knowledge of the dangers and legal requirements pertinent to work taking place in confined spaces. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of the hazards associated with work in confined spaces and the practices needed to ensure safe operation whilst this work takes place.
- Understanding confined spaces criteria
- Legal requirements and responsibilities relating to confined space entry
- Suitability and selection of confined space personnel
- Supervision of confined space operations
- Request for work to be done in a Confined Space
- Identify and evaluate hazards and risks associated to confined space operations
- Removing the need to enter confined spaces
- Methods of isolation (process equipment)
- Develop and Implement Pre-entry procedures (Gas Detectors).
- Evaluate, permit, space atmospheric conditions.
- Preparation of emergency arrangements
- Provide, use and maintain necessary equipment (hoists, harnesses, Tripods, emergency escape equipment and communication systems.)
- Provision of special tools and lighting equipment
- Working in a confined space
- Course Review and Closure
1 to 2 days dependant on experience
Recent feedback for the Entry and Working in Confined Spaces course:
- Very informative and enjoyable – 10/10 KD (HSE Advisor) DR Groundworks Ltd
- Good course and well explained – RY – K Yateman & Sons Ltd