Who is this for?
This training course is designed to develop operators’ skills and knowledge to operate forward tipping dumpers safely. This course can be run from novice through to refresher.
The Forward Tipping Dumper Course:
Can be delivered as an assessment, refresher or novice level and under 4 different award schemes.
The course content will include:
- Driving site dumpers of various types and capacities;
- Driving under varying site conditions, including gradients;
- Positioning the dumper correctly for loading from and discharging into excavations;
- Towing and reversing a small trailer;
- The various checks and maintenance to be carried out before commencing work;
- The correct and safe methods of starting and stopping engines;
- Safety precautions which must be observed;
- Capacities and limitations, legal requirements.
1 – 2 Days depending on previous experience
Training can be delivered under the following accreditations: