Who is this for?
This practical training course is designed for existing lift truck operators who need to expand their operating experience to include the safe use of Industrial Reach Trucks.
Industrial Reach Lift Truck Conversion course:
To enable candidates to transfer their existing operational skills and techniques to Industrial Reach Truck Operations. On completion of this training course, operators should have the skills and techniques required to safely operate Reach Trucks. In accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice.
- Application of MindSafety to reach truck operations
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of Reach truck operators
- features affecting the stability and capacity of the Reach truck
- Company specific date tagging requirements
- Safely locate and operate all the controls of the machine
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to the Reach truck
- Carry out pre-use safety inspection and daily maintenance as recommended by the machine manufacturer
- Identify safe terrain conditions & operate within the design limits of the Reach Truck
- Understand the safe loading of the Reach Truck and assess the weight of loads handled
- Understand operator safety code
- Operate and manoeuvre Reach Truck in confined areas
- Stack and de-stack at varying heights
- Battery charging procedures
- Parking and isolation
Some recent feedback:
- Good training session, lots of detail. 10/10 SM – Science Ltd