Who is this for?
The Large Goods Vehicles Driver Training course is designed for drivers who need to obtain a vocational driving licence for a Large Goods Vehicle Categories C1 and C.
Large Goods Vehicles Driver Training course:
To train candidates in the knowledge and skills required of a medium goods driver to the minimum standard of the Department of Transport driving test. driving test. To Train candidates in the knowledge and skills required to pass a Driving Standards Agency practical driving test.
Candidates must be of a minimum age of 18 years, and must hold:
(i) Provisional entitlement which entitles you to drive the correct category of vehicle.
(ii) Pass Certificate for Theory & Hazard Perception Test
- Object & Scope of the medium goods vehicle driving test
- Understanding the driving test protocol
- Use of tachograph, records & regulations
- Legal requirements including rest periods
- Periodic training requirements
- Highway code including Traffic signs, rules & regulations
- Daily vehicle checks and record keeping
- Understanding the vehicle braking systems
- Vehicle controls, equipment & components
- Observation, forward planning
- Vehicle characteristics and dynamics
- Consideration for road & weather conditions
- Vehicle control & road procedure
- Manoeuvring/reversing exercises
- Corrective Driving Tuition
- Development Driving
- Motorway Driving
- Accident prevention and procedures
C1+E additional training (Trailer > 750kg):
- Pre-use inspection of the trailer
- Coupling and uncoupling procedures
- Trailer manoeuvring and reversing exercises
Road Traffic Act 1988.
The Official DSA Goods Vehicle Driving Manual. The Highway Code.
Average 3 – 5 Days. Dependent on previous driving experience and a full Assessment Drive