Who is this for?
This practical training course is designed for novice lift truck operators who have little or no previous operating experience. The training & achievement test fully complies with the approved code of practice for training Lorry Mounted Lift Truck operators
The Lorry Mounted Forklift Truck Training Course
To enable participants to gain the skills & knowledge needed to operate lift trucks safely and efficiently in the workplace
On completion of this training course, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lift trucks. Use lift trucks safely and in accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice
- Duties and responsibilities during lift truck operations
- Identify, describe and explain the principle components.
- Understand the terminology used and the features affecting the stability and capability of the lift truck
- Carry out pre-use safety inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the machine manufacturer.
- Identify safe terrain conditions and operate within the design limits of the side loader.
- Understand the safe loading of the machine and able to assess the weight loads handled.
- Safely dismount Lift truck from carrying vehicle
- Stack and de-stack loads at varying heights
- Carry out Loading and unloading of vehicle
- Safe loading and secure of Lift truck to carrying vehicle
- Parking and isolation
- Refuelling procedures
- Vehicle lighting check and Lift truck isolation for transport
4 Day Experienced Candidates