This training course is designed for personnel who wish to drive a proactive approach to identifying and reducing risk from manual handling tasks in the workplace.
Manual Handling Assessment Charts – MAC Tools Course:
To train learners in a step-by-step approach to evaluating and grading the degree of risk associated with different manual handling tasks. On completion of this training course learners will learn how to observe and engage with colleagues in open discussion around each factor of the MAC flow chart, enabling them to calculate the risk for the load and frequency of lifting, carrying, pushing and team manual handling activities.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- The structure, function and limits of Manual Handling Assessment Charts (MAC)
- Key principles of good handling techniques
- Importance Consulting with colleagues and stakeholders during the assessment process
- Understanding hazard and risk – TILE
- Identifying common risk factors in lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling and team handling operations.
- Using the MAC tool to identify risk
- Manual handling operations and completion of risk assessments
- Observation of actual working procedures.
- Using the appropriate assessment guide and flow chart to determine the level of risk for each risk factor.
- Practical application of the assessment guide for lifting operations
- Practical application of the assessment guide for carrying operations
- Practical application of the assessment guide for team handling operations