Who is this for?
This course is for candidates who need instruction in the methods of correct and safe operation of a Mobile Elevating Work Platform, Boom or Scissor
The Mobile Elevating Platform course:
We can offer training on all the variants of MEWP such as Boom (commonly known as Cherry Picker), Scissor and vehicle mounted and under 2 awarding bodies. IPAF levels are 3a, 3b and 1a/1b
The Mobile Elevating Work Platform:
To train novice candidates in the setup, rating and correct use of a mobile elevating work platform. On completion of this training course the candidate should be able to conduct pre-use inspection and the safe operation of a Mobile Elevating Work Platform, in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook approved training specifications and accepted good practice.
- Types of MEWP, operational parameters
- Duties and responsibilities
- Understand operator safety code
- Environmental considerations effecting boom operations
- Emergency lowering – planning and procedures
- Identify, describe, and explain the principle components
- Understand the terminology used and the features affecting the stability and capacity of the MEWP.
- Safely locate and operate all the controls.
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Carry out pre-use safety inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the MEWP manufacturer.
- Identify safe terrain conditions and operate within the design limits of the MEWP.
- Understand the safe loading of access platform and assess the weight of loads handled,
- Parking and isolation
Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
1 – 2 Days depending on experience.
C&G Services BS EN ISO 9001:2008 or