Who is this for?
This training course is custom designed as an introduction for all office staff into current Health and Safety Legislation and contains aspects of Manual Handling, VDU Regulations and Fire Safety Course you can see on this web site.
Office Safety Awareness course:
To provide candidates with a good overall awareness of their own and other duties under relevant Health & Safety Legislation. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a good understanding or an organisation duty under the Health and Safety Legislation detailed below enabling them to effectively contribute to the implementation of Health Safety and Welfare in the workplace.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Understanding legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Duties and responsibilities for safety in the work place
- Sources of information, including Safety Policy, health and safety poster
- Accident reporting to include company procedures and responsibilities under RIDDOR
- Good housekeeping, reducing the risks of slips, trips & falls
- Manual Handling overview
- Electrical safety in an office environment – PAT testing requirements
- Fire Safety to include common causes, preventative measures & emergency procedures
- Hazards associated with Display Screen Equipment
- Ergonomics at work
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations to include electrical safety
- Hazardous substances in the office, introduction to COSHH and datasheets
To include a walk-through of clients working areas when course held on clients premises
Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
Management of Health and Safety at Works Regulations 1999
The Workplace (Health, Safety & Workplace) Regulations 1992
Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
The Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997
Noise at Work Regulations 1989
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
Measurement of Achievement
Theoretical & Practical Exercises – C&G Services (Europe) Ltd (BS EN ISO9001 for the design & provision of training & consultancy services to national and international standards. In compliance with HSE.