This refresher training course is designed for experienced operatives who in the course of their work need to operate overhead travelling cranes, and use lifting accessories to lift and move general loads.
Overhead Crane Slinging & Lifting – Refresher course:
On completion of this training course, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lifting equipment. To safely and effectively operate an overhead travelling crane safely and in accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice.
- Duties and responsibilities of personnel associated with lifting operations
- Operator safety during lifting operations in the workplace.
- Theory of load weight estimation, sling angles safe working loads and working load limits
- Routine lift planning procedures and documentation
- Identification and inspection of lifting accessories and equipment
- Reporting of defects
- Methods of marking and rating for lifting accessories and Overhead cranes
- Pre-use inspection of Overhead crane and lifting accessories
- Crane controls and movement (Loaded & unloaded, controlling load swing)
- Practical slinging and movement of workplace loads
- Selection of lifting accessories for multi-legged lifting operations
- Use of hand signals and tag lining procedures for directing and controlling loads
- Landing of loads, sling removal, correct storage and protection of lifting accessories
- Isolation and parking of overhead travelling cranes
Duration: 1 Day
Some recent feedback received for the Overhead Crane Slinging & Lifting – Refresher course:
- Jon, just to let you know that we had very positive feedback from the recent delivery of the Slinging and Lifting refresher by Craig. Please pass this feedback and our regards to Craig and thank you again for your professional and helpful assistance earlier on the hooks and shackles matter. I have just requested Libby to book another course for novice delegates. LA – Babcock International