Who is this for?
This course is designed for drivers who need to obtain a vocational driving licence for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle Category D1. Candidates must be of a minimum age of 21 years, and must hold:
Provisional entitlement which entitles you to drive the correct category of vehicle.
Pass Certificate for Theory & Hazard Perception Test & Case Study
Passenger Carrying Vehicle Category D1 – Course:
To train candidates in the knowledge and skills required of a PCV driver to the standard of the Department of Transport driving test.
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- Object & Scope of PCV Driving Test
- Leal Requirements
- Safe Working Practices
- Basic Mechanical Principles
- Daily Checks
- Vehicle controls, Equipment & Components
- Observation and Planning
- Highway Code & Vehicle Safety
- Hazards – Other Road Users
- Manoeuvring Exercises
- Corrective Driving Tuition
- Development Driving
- Motorway Driving
- Tachograph Records & Regulations
- Accident Prevention and Procedure
Average 2 days. Dependent on previous driving experience and on optional Assessment Drive. Each day consists of either morning sessions from 8.15 am to 1215pm and an Afternoon Sessions from 12.45pm to 4.30pm (approximate times). Training will be booked as one-to-one unless otherwise requested.