Who is this for?
This novice training course is designed for prospective Pedestrian Pallet Truck operators with little or no previous experience. This training course fully complies with the approved code of practice for the training of lift truck operators.
The Pedestrian Pallet Truck Training Novice course:
To enable novice Pallet Truck operators to gain the skills & knowledge needed to ensure the safe and efficient operation of Pallet Trucks in the work place. On completion of this training course, operators should have demonstrated a good knowledge of the safety duties in relation to Pallet truck operations. And using Pallet Trucks safely and in accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice.
- Duties and responsibilities for Pallet Truck operators
- In company systems of work for Pallet Truck operations
- Identify, describe, explain components parts
- Stability and rating of the Pallet Truck
- Pallet Truck controls and functions
- Pre-use inspection and record keeping
- Operate and manoeuvre the Pallet Truck safely in an open area and restrictive areas
- Correctly steer forwards and in reverse with and without loads
- Understand the safe loading of the Pallet Truck and assess the weight handled where applicable
- Correctly negotiate loading ramps and slopes
- Correctly position pallets and loads
- Safe charging procedures (where applicable)
- Parking procedures
Some recent feedback for The Pedestrian Pallet Truck Training Novice course:
- Instructor very knowledgeable, course was replaced and enjoyable, excellent practical element – 10/10 CM – Halliburton Manufacturing & Services Ltd