Who is this for?
This course is for operatives working with lifting gear and lifting equipment.
The Pillar Mounted Vertical Hoist Course:
This hoists training course is designed to train candidates in the theory and practical aspects relating to lifting gear and lifting equipment, in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice for The Safe Use of Lifting Equipment, in compliance with the Health & Safety Executive and to the British Standards 7121 best practice. On completion of training, candidates should have an accepted knowledge of the legal requirements, code of practice and operating skills relating to hoists.
- General Pillar crane safety
- Company specific systems of work
- Precautions during lifting operations
- Pillar crane inspection and rating
- Pillar crane controls and marking
- Visual inspection of job specific lifting accessories
- Safe and efficient operation of Pillar Crane for job specific lifting operation
- Lifting, moving and landing job specific loads
- Reporting of Defects
- Storage of accessories
- Safety and good house keeping
Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 2002
1 – 2 Days
Recent feedback for the Pillar Mounted Vertical Hoist Course:
- All very useful information – VK – Schlumberger Oilfield UK Plc
- Really useful understanding sling types & how it affects SWL – RB – Schlumberger Oilfield UK Plc