Who is this for?
Plant managers, plant instructors, plant inspectors, workshop managers, project managers, agents and people who are or about to be responsible tor planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering staff, groups of staff and their workforce.
Plant Managers Safety Training Scheme (PMSTS) Course:
To help plant managers, instructors, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site, training area, workshop area in accordance with PMSTS legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory roles
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site, training area, workshop area that is efficient, economical and productive
The course will cover the following areas:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act
- Accident reporting and investigation
- Responsibilities, offences and penalties
- Safety policies
- General health and safety legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- First aid at work
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Safety inspections
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Working at Height/Excavations/PUWER/LOLER
- Buried services
- Control of noise
- Behaviour based safety
- Environmental management
- Dangerous substances.
This is a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Candidates will be continuously assessed through individual and group exercises and will have to complete an end-on-course multiple choice test.
The course is over 5 days