Who is this for?
This training course is designed to develop operator’s skills and knowledge to safely operate ride-on road rollers. This course runs from refresher level through to novice level.
The Ride on Roller training course:
This course can be delivered as an assessment, refresher or novice level and under 3 awarding bodies. Grants may be available under the CITB Scheme if paying levy
This course is designed to enable operators to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to operate Ride-On Road Rollers safely and efficiently.
- Operating the machine safely and up to an adequate output standard;
- Rolling to a kerb, a camber, round curves and to any formation shape;
- Operating systems of adjustment to the weight, pressure, amplitude or frequency;
- Operating ancillary equipment which may be attached to a roller (e.g. scarifier, asphalt cutter, spray bars);
- Fault finding, minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures in accordance with the manufacturers and employers instructions.
- The purpose and capabilities of their machine and any attachments, and the maintenance and safety precautions which must be observed;
- Rolling techniques, including the principles of compaction;
- Rolling formation to shape, methods of compacting all types of road-making materials;
- The finishing of coated macadam and asphalt surfaces;
- How the machine works and routine adjustments.
1 – 2 Days Depending on Experience
C&G Services BS EN ISO9001:2008