Who is this for?
This training course is designed for managers and supervisors who are responsible for the safe running of their workplace. Enabling managers and supervisors to take a more proactive role in managing safety and reducing workplace accidents.
The Risk Assessment Course:
To enable candidates to conduct a careful examination of what, in their work, could cause harm to people. Candidates will proactively assess whether suitable and sufficient precautions are in place to prevent harm. Successful candidates will demonstrate a good understanding of their organisations duties under health and safety law enabling them to tackle hazards at source and encourage safe actions by the staff under their control.
- Defining risks and hazards
- Duties and responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Putting the risk assessment into practice and maintenance of records
- Identify hazards in the workplace
- Decide who might be harmed and how
- Evaluate the risks and deciding on the precautions
- Accident reporting, recording and investigation
- Practical Exercises in Risk Assessment within in the Workplace
- Review assessment and formulation of conclusions and agree next actions (weighing cost against benefits)
Synopsis of Specific assessments:
- First Aid provision
- Welfare arrangements
- Fire & Emergency
- Workplace Transport
Some useful information:
For further information about Risk Assessment, please click on the following link where you can download a leaflet from HSE on Risk Assessment